Skip to main content

Featured

Foreign Policy in Indian Elections: A Critical Analysis of BJP and Congress Manifestoes

  Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in an interview that elections in India are festivals of our democracy. It is true that across the country, people are in a festive mood and are excited about exercising their fundamental right, i.e. to vote for a candidate of their choice. An avid political commentator had put it in different, slightly derisive words, “Indian politics is electionised not much democratised”. His observation pointed to elections around the year in some part of the country or the other. As India has three-tier governance – Centre, states and local governments, elections for any one of the tiers is happening somewhere in the country throughout the year. Obviously, several issues and features of Indian politics come up during elections. The issues that matter to voters, and the features, mainly the organising principles, are manifested during elections. But do foreign policy issues figure in the campaigns of political parties, at least the national parties? From the re

The treasured virtue of modesty

It's been an exiting new month. Stepping into the new phase of my life. My first job experience. I went out for a week straight and had my reality altered by professional grandiose. I am not sure if it was agnosia of the work place or something else but it didn't turn out quite so well. I tried sticking my neck out. One week was far too long for it. I did get in the toxic air of office politics and weekend workload but I also got an insight into focused individuals. My bloodline expected better of me but they do realise that I hold the will to not just go against the world but myself when I beseech. It's beyond toil and trouble.

the virtue of modesty often explained through the anology of tree that bears food and commodities for humans and seeks nothing in return.Modesty is one of the mighty virtues of dharma. It is not bound by constraints or can be controlled by dictatorial powers.

I have never felt the need of feeling too important. I'm so used to it. As a reader of Not just an opinion, you are free to take your cues. Nevertheless, I can't be talked down or be bossed around by facile authorities. A fair deal of stringing out my life events and keeping it on table comes from a strength of atoning the burden of ridicule that I have drudged along with myself like everyone around me.

In contrast, I'm still not sure to this day how to get myself around praise, compliments and adulation. I raise my brows, try to smile, look the other way. It's safe to say I've tried every possible way to duck, pass or look normal. I have no intention to be caught up in middle of two worlds. The quest of Sanatan is limitless. It is the void that fixates us on the Dharma. I hold tight to my worlds and call the shots to wake up to another dream.

I have never felt the need of being too important. I'm so used to it. As a reader of Not just an opinion, you are free to take your cues. Nevertheless, I can't be talked down or be bossed around by facile authorities. A fair deal of stringing out my life events and keeping it on table comes from a strength of atoning the burden of ridicule that I have drudged along with myself like everyone around me.

the sense of freedom modesty provides is unimaginable. It can transform the life that is why it is treasured and accessible to lucky ones.

Modesty is a virtue that is more than often undermined. I see people questioning that why is it even considered a virtue when it necessitates restraint and reticence. It is naive to borderline the finesse of virtuosity. It is Western philosophers have studied modesty under topics ranging from chastity, meekness, shyness, moderation, humility etc. We are not going to touch upon the storytelling and philosophies but the existential realm. It is in the grip of a few people who are involved in the mechanics of life. It's the image on the surface it carries that people tend to find it feeble. It requires immensity to dig the surface and get involved.

There is an old beautiful Indian tree analogy to profess the traits of modesty.  It is said that the tree that bears the fruits is weighed down in an meek looking position. While the tree that doesn't sprout a flower or fruit stands tall in it's might. The life is attracted to the former one as it plays into existence not the latter one that grows in completion. With this beautiful thought, we head over to the weekend musings.

The treasured virtue of modesty bestows power of prodigy that enlightens the person to awaken to oneness of reality.

I am threatened.
threatened by ridicule 
by the loose statements and the gory ignorance [1]
I perceive it impending with pestilence 
like a soldier, with a badge of honor to protect, 
checks into his line and  keeps to oneself. 
I prepare for the war waged within. 
Is this what they call an existential crisis? 
who am I to decide [2] 
I can only toss through the omens and prophecies 
to the vague name calling and breaking expectations 
out of engrossing realms of duality 
infusing my senses out of chemicals of euphoric delirium 
walking in an idyllic gaze 
accompanied by the flair of clouds 
raining wonders upon me with the sun of tomorrow [3]
enlightening to my prodigy. 
I conquer.



The treasure of modesty lies treasured in places of reckoning and expanding consciousness.
It's in the scriptures as it in the stillness of the moment. It is not in theatrics but the heroics of the inner callings.

[1] Now I understand that it's not me. I am not threatened. It is the people who are threatened of their own selves. They like to be pulled over together in pack to feel secure and acknowledged. It is when they see someone vaguely out of the window that is not trapped in a circle like their own. They reach out with animosity with bitterness and an air of condescension. I have been a victim of my ignorance. It is in the moments of insanity and loosening up to ourselves we find aspects of our being.

[2] Oneness. It's all I can think about, talk about, yearn for and be grateful for. The dawn of this truth is the death of vanity. Who am I, when all is one. The moments of reckoning, contemplation and quietude followed by discomfort. It is the stage of disorientation that could either relinquish the current chapter of life or help us ascend to the next one. It is determined by the type of the process.

[3] Do not succumb to the situations. Remember, you are not the bystander but the creator. Your have a deliberate choice of approval and disapproval. If you  hold the prowess of establishing yourself in the unifying truth, then it is impossible for the masquerade to tie you in. The treasured virtue of modesty shall bestow the  wonder of prodigies to overcome the limits of ideals for the times to come. This awakening will reinforce the ideals of righteousness back into power.

Comments

Popular Posts